Thankfully, a number of Paleo bloggers and nutritionists have taken the time to pick the study apart and reveal its flaws:
- Red Meat & Mortality & the Usual Bad Science: Zoë Harcombe
- Will Eating Red Meat Kill You?: Mark's Daily Apple
- Red Meat Consumption and Mortality: Caveman Doctor
- Red Meat Study: Here We Go Again: Constantly Varied
- Red Meat: Part of a Healthy Diet?: Robb Wolf
- Nutrition data was collected via Food Frequency Questionnaires. Yes, folks just had to remember what they thought they ate.
- Confounders galore. The higher meat consumption group tended to be overweight, smoked and was less active. Apparently they did not get a Paleo cohort in that mix?
- Correlation does not equal causation.
Post a Comment