- Soldier Sues Army, Saying His Atheism Led to Threats (New York Times)
When Specialist Jeremy Hall held a meeting last July for atheists and freethinkers at Camp Speicher in Iraq, he was excited, he said, to see an officer attending.
- Nanotechnology: Silver tongues (Economist)
Regulators are looking more closely at nanotechnology claims.
- The Prospects for Neuro-Exceptionalism: Transparent Lies, Naked Minds (bioethics.net )
The conviction that neuroscience and neurotechnology pose new ethical challenges, particularly concerning privacy, appears to rest on the belief that they yield a new, more intimate or personal kind of information.
- Researchers Infiltrate and 'Pollute' Storm Botnet - Desktop Security News Analysis (Dark Reading)
European botnet experts devise a method that disrupts stubborn peer-to-peer botnets like Storm...
- Till Malfunction Do Us Part (The New Atlantis)
Predictions of Robotic Intimacy.
- The 25 potential threats to UK (Telegraph)
These are the 25 technological advances and environmental changes that could pose a potential threat to Britain, according to scientists.