- Geopolitics: 'Rivals will take greater risks against the US'
- The UK economy: 'The popular revolt against bankers will become impossible to resist'
- Global development: 'A vaccine will rid the world of Aids'
- Energy: 'Returning to a world that relies on muscle power is not an option'
- Advertising: 'All sorts of things will just be sold in plain packages'
- Neuroscience: 'We'll be able to plug information streams directly into the cortex'
- Physics: 'Within a decade, we'll know what dark matter is'
- Food: 'Russia will become a global food superpower'
- Nanotechnology: 'Privacy will be a quaint obsession'
- Gaming: 'We'll play games to solve problems'
- Web/internet: 'Quantum computing is the future'
- Fashion: 'Technology creates smarter clothes'
- Nature: 'We'll redefine the wild'
- Architecture: What constitutes a 'city' will change
- Sport: 'Broadcasts will use holograms'
- Transport: 'There will be more automated cars'
- Health: 'We'll feel less healthy'
- Religion: 'Secularists will flatter to deceive'
- Theatre: 'Cuts could force a new political fringe'
- Storytelling: 'Eventually there'll be a Twitter classic'
January 3, 2011
Guardian's 20 predictions for the next 25 years
The Guardian has put together a very good list of predictions for the next 25 years: