- The Scientific Tragedy of Climategate | Reason Magazine
Can climate change science recover from the damage done by leaked emails?
- Scientists 'grow' meat in laboratory | Telegraph
The move towards artificially engineered foods has taken a step forward after scientists grew a form of meat in a laboratory for the first time.
- Foreign Policy Lists Cascio, Kurzweil, and Bostrom Among Their List of "Top 100 Global Thinkers" | Accelerating Future
Congratulations to Nick Bostrom, Ray Kurzweil, and Jamais Cascio for being selected for Foreign Policy's first annual list of Top 100 Global Thinkers.
- Canada's image lies in tatters. It is now to climate what Japan is to whaling | The Guardian
The tar barons have held the nation to ransom. This thuggish petro-state is today the greatest obstacle to a deal in Copenhagen
- Google sets limit on free news | BBC
The internet search giant Google has detailed plans to limit the number of online newspaper articles its users can read for free.
- Parents Are Borrowing From Cesar Millan, the Dog Whisperer | NYTimes
It's little wonder, then, that some parents, and even a few child therapists, have found themselves taking mental notes from a television personality known for inspiring discipline, order and devotion: Cesar Millan, otherwise known as the Dog Whisperer.
- Climate change belief given same legal status as religion | Telegraph
An executive has won the right to sue his employer on the basis that he was unfairly dismissed for his green views after a judge ruled that environmentalism had the same weight in law as religious and philosophical beliefs.
December 5, 2009
Link dump: 2009.12.05
From the four corners of the web: