- The Calorie-Restriction Experiment - NYTimes.com
A curious aspect of the Calerie project, though, is that it is not meant to study weight loss or if one type of diet is better than another. Instead, Calerie is investigating how (and if) a spartan diet affects the aging process and its associated diseases.
- Italian Scientists Put Robot Spiders In Your Colon [Grinding]
- Tons of Twitter Stats
- Is a Virus the Cause of Fatigue Syndrome?
In a new study, many patients with the debilitating disorder were infected with a recently discovered virus.
- Shared folders and more in Google Docs
- Practical Ethics: The ethics of mind-reading
Recent developments in neuroimaging have created concerns about the ethics of 'mind-reading'. A technology called functional magnetic resonance imaging (fMRI) has led to significant advances in the ability to determine what someone is thinking by monitoring their brain activity.
- Can Health-Care Workers Be Forced to Get Flu Shots? - TIME
Workers in many hospitals have to get the 2009 H1N1 vaccine.
- The Transhumanists Arrive - Forbes.com
Technology futurists love to talk about the Singularity as the point in time when technology progresses so rapidly that machine intelligence melds with and surpasses human intelligence. In early October, more than 800 technology- and future-focused attendees gathered at the historic 92nd Street YMCA in New York City for the fourth annual Singularity Summit.
October 13, 2009
Link dump: 2009.10.13
From the four corners of the web: