- Beau Lotto: Optical illusions show how we see | Video on TED.com
Beau Lotto's color games puzzle your vision, but they also spotlight what you can't normally see: how your brain works. This fun, first-hand look at your own versatile sense of sight reveals how evolution tints your perception of what's really out there.
- Google Health Adds Two More Insurers, Only Has 267 To Go
Google announced today the addition of two new health insurance companies to its Google Health platform at the Health 2.0 – original naming FTW – event in San Francisco. The fact that the company is touting this addition on its main blog is telling because it cuts to the heart of the product's main challenge.
- The Uneducated American - NYTimes.com
If you had to explain America's economic success with one word, that word would be "education." In the 19th century, America led the way in universal basic education. Then, as other nations followed suit, the "high school revolution" of the early 20th century took us to a whole new level. And in the years after World War II, America established a commanding position in higher education.
- Singularity Summit 2009: Ten Unanswered Questions For Our Future Robot Overlords | Popular Science
If you could ask the product of the robot-human merge ten questions, what would they be?
- Two Pounds of Beef Produce the Greenhouse Gas Emissions of a Three-Hour Drive
October 10, 2009
Link dump: 2009.10.10
From the four corners of the web: