- Expelled Beats Sicko (Robin Hanson - Overcoming Bias)
Metacritic (a review aggregator) gives Michael Moore's latest movie Sicko a 74 out of 100, while the new Expelled gets only a 20. Expelled, however, is a better movie.
- The New Paternalism (ChronicleReview)
An economist and a legal scholar argue that policy makers should nudge people into making good decisions
- Who should MDs let die in a pandemic? Report offers answers (Boston.com)
Doctors know some patients needing lifesaving care won't get it in a flu pandemic or other disaster. The gut-wrenching dilemma will be deciding who to let die.
- Human memory: memory chip could mean we never forget (Telegraph)
Human memory could work more like Google one day, says Gary Marcus.
- Gotcha? Anglers rejoice as GM trout prove easier to catch (Times Online)
Now there'll be no excuse for the one that got away. Britain's rivers and lakes are to be restocked with trout carrying genetic modifications that make them easier to catch.