- Transhumanism still at the crossroads (Russell Blackford)
How transhumanism will develop currently remains to be seen, but for the foreseeable future I'd rather be inside the tent exerting some influence on it..
- Pedal-powered cabs coming to Toronto (Toronto Star)
A fleet of pedal-powered EcoCabs will hit the downtown Toronto core starting May 1, offering passengers a speedy — and free — ride to their favourite restaurant, nightclub, business meeting or even the Rogers Centre for a ball game.
- Canada among worst offenders on emissions (Toronto Star)
Marked rise in greenhouse-gas production between 1990 and 2005, study shows
- Green & Smart (Glenn H. Reynolds - New York Post)
I HAVEN'T been able to get very excited about the big global-warming debate - but I am excited about some solutions to global warming. These are just as worthwhile even if you don't believe that human-created climate change is a big problem, or even a rea
- Earth Day, Buddhism and Vegetarianism (The Buddhist Blog)
"This is a subject that I am passionate about and have mentioned often here. I am trying to do my part to help understand how our eating habits affect our well-being both physically, socially and spiritually."
- The Earth Will Be Just Fine, Thank You (Open the Future)
The grand myth of environmentalism is that it's all about saving the Earth. It's not. The Earth will be just fine. Environmentalism is all about saving ourselves.
- Do we own our bodies? Should we? (Practical Ethics)
The trouble with technological advance is that it keeps forcing us to make decisions in totally new circumstances.
- Get Smarter: 12 Hacks That Will Amp Up Your Brainpower (Wired)
Face it: Your IQ is basically hardwired. Still, there are lots of ways to get smarter — to max out your so-called functional intelligence.